In sync with its vision to address the requirements of all customer segments, Titan, announced its strategy to strengthen its kid’s brand, Zoop. Piloted in 6 cities in 2008, Zoop will now be made available in 1200 outlets across 140 cities in India. Zoop offers as many as 70 styles for boys and girls and is very affordably priced from Rs 350 to Rs900/-and targets kids below 12 years
According to the company press release Zoop watches are designed keeping the little consumers in mind and taking into account their point of view on what they want in a watch as opposed to an adult’s view on kid’s watches. The creative and fun designs of the Zoop watches – are the outcome of an extensive consumer research study that revealed the deep-rooted need in today’s children to stand out and command attention. Each watch from Zoop caters to this desire and fits well with the brand proposition of “Be a star”. Read the press release
To capture a larger audience, Zoop is airing its TVC, which is the first TVC in the kids watch segment.
The brand is taking a 360 degree marketing approach with TVC, print ads, outdoor campaigns and BTL activities
Their online activities are through a website http://www.titanzoop.zapak.com/index.php
To engage kids the website offers various activities such as design a dial: where kids can design dials and post it; Downloads: Where wallpapers of Zoop watches can be downloaded; refer a friend; online games etc.
Lets do some analysis about this move
In my opinion this is a beautiful move by Titan because:
- Kids market is worth Rs 20,000 crore in India which is largest in the world. By launching branded watches exclusively for kids Titan gained the first movers advantage in organized segment
- Watches are perhaps the first Gadget that a kid can get. these watches comes with dual time, countdown timer, 50-year calendar, compass, stopwatch alarm, and EL Backlight are present in the digital collection to attract gizmo loving kids
- Due to advent of Internet and media more and more kids in India are becoming brand conscious
- Competitive pricing (Rs 250-Rs900) is another advantage and would appeal to various segments
- As the Zoop watches targets below the 12 years Titan will have a wonderful opportunity to gain brand loyalty from these kids who could be the next consumers for its adult
It will be interest to watch how kids react to Zoop.
Bye for now. Readers please give your feedback it would be great to improve my blogging skills